Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anti-video-game crusader sues Facebook for $40 million

Anti-video-game crusader sues Facebook for $40 million:

A long-time critic of the video game industry has sued Facebook for $40 million, saying that the social networking site harmed him by not removing angry postings made by Facebook gamers.


(Via MacWorld.com.)

Perhaps I should have pointed out video games as well as horror films....
Jack Thompson, the man suing Facebook is doing what I think he should do. I'm a gamer myself and I have to admit that one could look at games as "murder simulators" just as I see horror films as 'snuff films'. I wish Mr. Thompson luck. Wait, perhaps I should pause and ask; is it right to start this fight when he has another more important fight on his plate? On the other hand $40 million could allow him to strengthen his campaign against violent video games. Mr Thompson, if you ever read this, ask yourself; is this the right path to take?


60 Minutes story on this issue partially Grand Theft Auto, including brief interview with Jack Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment